If you’d like to commission your own painting, here’s how it’s done:
1. Discuss the subject matter with Patrick.
Often people are interested in an ancestor’s ship, a particular historic battle, a local historic event.
2. Patrick creates color sketches.
He emails the sketches to you.
3. You discuss the sketches with him.
You can make comments, suggestions and changes.
4. If needed, Patrick creates a revised sketch.
5. You approve a final sketch.
6. Patrick begins the oil painting
The whole process usually takes about two to three months.
Prices range from about $6000 to $20,000, depending on size and complexity. The price includes framing and shipping.
Half of the total price is due at the start, and the other half upon completion.